Sunday, December 11, 2005

Oh Christmas tree!

I took this so the lights would show up. I am putting a teddy bear tea party in the front until I get the gifts under the tree. I haven't even opened another two crates of ornaments. Sean said there was quite enough on the tree. It's in a perfect spot next to the fireplace although it's right next to the dining room table (small house). I'll take some close-ups of my favorite ornaments. Some are over 20 yrs old! Many of the ornaments I used were Martha Stewart balls in various shades of pink with some clear ones too. I had them for 3 yrs and this is the first year I used them.
Here's what the tree looked like last year. Quite different I think!
I also added lights to the front hedges that run along the front of the house. I used: red/white, blue/white and gold/white.

5comments:

  • At 4:08 AM, Blogger Diana LaMarre said…

    That is beautiful. It looks like the front of a Christmas card. What is on top? I see the large lights near the top, but can't make out what is there (too early in the am and I don't have my glasses on).

     
  • At 3:00 PM, Blogger Nancy in IL said…

    Dianne, this is unbelievable!!! I remember you saying you wanted to do Victorian in pink and white, but it needs to be in a magazine! I can't believe the difference from last year to this! You are soooo imaginative and talented. Congratulations on a true work of art. I LOVE IT!!!

     
  • At 3:10 PM, Blogger Kim said…

    That is a beautiful, what a pretty rosy glow! I like it, but I suppose men can't always appreciate pink. ;)

     
  • At 12:00 AM, Blogger Dianne said…

    Thanks for your sweet comments gals.
    Zoey, it's a clear glass Martha Stewart tree topper. I know, it's not really visible. I may have to put some clear lights near it.
    Nancy, yes, it's the same tree with different decorations. I still need to finish my decorating around the living room.
    And it's really a brightly lit tree with a rosy glow, thanks Kim!

     
  • At 8:26 PM, Blogger Sandy said…

    Wow! Gorgeous tree! I have to say I'm not too organized this year. I think we will put the tree up on Saturday.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS