Friday, November 04, 2005

Imelda I'm not!

I decided I better tackle the dusty bins of shoes behind the head of our bed. The bed is 'catty-cornered' so I have a 'v' shape for storage there. But I learned some things...never just store shoes in little bins (like plastic trash cans) without something covering them. First, you forget about the shoes and second, they get so dusty! And to think all that dust was near our heads, well no wonder I have nasal allergies.
So then I can't believe some of the shoes that I have bought over the last few years. After I smacked the dust off them outside, I started to try some on. I will say that I am good at buying leather and not 'man-made' material shoes. But the styles! The big heels, the Maryjanes, what was I thinking?! Some of my favorites-my blue suede shoes-yep-like Elvis-I even have slacks to match, aren't any good because the sole is peeling off at the tip of one of them.They are a good make too.
I'm not finished sorting them all yet. I plan to put all my sandals in the woven basket that I have on top of my armoire. This time I will cover them with a plastic bag. Live and learn and stop buying ugly shoes!
I am doing all this in hopes of getting a new mattress before the month is over. I killed a lot of dust bunnies in the process. Your bedroom should be your clean shrine.

0comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS