Friday, September 30, 2005

Halloween sewing

Yesterday I was cutting up fabric to make little Halloween pillows that you hang from door knobs, from the center of wreaths, etc. I have one pinned together and it is looking cute. I am hoping to make and sell a few on eBay. I bought a pillow from a craft store and decided I could use it as an example. I went on the web and looked for Halloween cat designs (more vintage) than the one used on the store bought pillow. The front has a felt center where you add the design. I cut the design out of felt and glued it on. I added embroidery floss whiskers, etc. Later I pinned and basted the pilllow while watching tv. I need to do more assembly line stitching to work faster. I'll post a photo when I complete a few of these.
I also want to make a 'pumpkin head' doll that I saw in a magazine. I need to look for baby ornamental corn for it's feet, but I got a nice variety of pumpkins from JoAnns. I like using the creative side of my brain!
BTW, off topic, but it got to around 41 last night. Not to worry as next week it will be in the low 80s (that's hot for this time of year).

1comments:

  • At 7:49 PM, Blogger Diana LaMarre said…

    Can't wait to see them. I am beginning to feel more crafty now that fall is here (although it is unseasonably warm in my part of the country too). I am posting a picture of a pumpkin head decoration I made, too.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS