Sunday, October 16, 2005

Linda Eder Concert


The concert was really enjoyable! I didn't know Linda was mostly going to sing old Judy Garland standards. Well, she did just do a CD of Judy songs. I think Judy Garland was great and 'The Wizard of Oz' is one of my favorite movies. Linda came out in a gray paisley gown with the paisley being outlined in crystals or something slightly sparkly. I envy her her long legs-Ms. 5'10"! But her voice is so Broadway-she had those speakers vibrating. After the break, she came out in a black lace cocktail dress with a pretty diamond like pin at the top. The songs I loved the most that she sang were 'Always Catching Rainbows/Somewhere over the Rainbow', 'By Myself', 'You Made me Love You' and her signature song 'Vienna'.
She didn't have a sold-out house and some people near us moved on the ground level (are you allowed to do that?), I thought our balcony seats were fairly good.
She didn't talk at all about her 6 yr old son. She said she was 44 and had a new guy Craig who was in the audience, though she didn't point him out. She had some groupies there in the front row. I could never be that caught up with someone. A girl up front said she had seen Linda 18 times!
On the way there, we made one wrong turn, asked for directions and got on track again. The neighborhoods near the Grand were a bit seedy. We had to walk about 1/4 mile to the place-me in my patent leathers-whew- I was a bit winded. On the way home we were headed toward 95 and made a turn and then I told Brian to make the next left and he didn't. He made a 'u'-bie right in the middle of this 4 lane highway-don't worry, it was dead. And my instinct was correct-we were headed toward 52 again.
I was hungry, but it was too late to stop for a snack, so Brian got some donuts and we had one with tea when we got home.
Linda's Trail Mix show about horse lovers will be on Animal Planet in January 2006.
Here is Brian and me before heading out. I didn't wear either of the new tops I had just purchased.

4comments:

  • At 3:26 PM, Blogger Diana LaMarre said…

    Whew, girl, you look dressed to kill! (and Brian looks good, too) Glad you had such a good time.

     
  • At 1:50 PM, Blogger mainely stitching said…

    You look great! I can't remember the last time I really got all dolled up ...

     
  • At 12:29 PM, Blogger Sandy said…

    Isn't it nice to get dressed up and go out on the town once in awhile!

     
  • At 4:32 PM, Blogger Dianne said…

    This was really a 'spur of the moment' date. Thanks for all your kind words.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS