Tuesday, September 27, 2005

When my brothers were nice

I tend to complain about my brothers. Some of the things they do have not been 'right' in the eyes of their only sister. So last night, when my brain wouldn't shut down (I had bad knee pain), I thought about each guy and something they did that was unconditionally nice.
Dave-when I had my gallbladder out in 1987, I was in the hospital for several days. Sean was 9 months old and I missed him so! The doctor figured out it was a bum gallbladder when I started to turn yellow (lots of tests too). Anyway, Dave brought down his music cassette collection for me to listen to. I was deeply touched by him offering these to me. I also liked the way he gets all 'dreamy-eyed' when I use to talk about Sean when he was little. He does this now when Colleen or Ken talk about Kenny and Tori, their kids.
Don-I was really depressed as a high school junior. Deep down, I really wanted someone to care about me. I literally stopped eating for a month and went from 128 to 110 pounds. (I would love to be at 128 again). Don said that a boy I really liked was looking for me one day. (I missed almost 2 months of school that year-not all at once, but that's a heck of a lot of time). That brought me out of my depression. I thank him for that. Thanks for your goodie packages too-he knows I love to get mail.
Ken-My little brother. I just think about him and feel mushy. He was always so cute. I thank him for helping out with our cars over the years, mom's too. I thank him for the occassional kiss on the cheek. (Sniff).

0comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS