Monday, September 26, 2005

On the run again

There was another flea market this week near mom's. I love going to them this time of year before the foul weather envelopes us. I had just made that trip on Friday, but something had come in the mail for mom (jewelry), so I decided to go down. Mom wanted to actually walk around a flea market! This is the first time in a long time the two of us have been out together. The flea market wasn't as big as the one we went to a few weeks ago. The first thing I bought was a small Penn State banner for Sean for a big ol' $1. I was happy to get it for him. We each bought some things that caught our eye, my most expensive things were two Cherished Teddies figurines. The lady had so many cute ones it was hard to chose.
I want to make some Halloween items, so we headed to A.C. Moore. As I went in the door, a woman and I met eyes and I knew who she was right away. She looked away and went inside. So Cathy Simms from Penncrest HS, I remembered you!
We were in there a little while and then I asked if we could try JoAnns for the little fake pumpkins I needed since ACM didn't have them. The JoAnns moved into this huge, beautiful store just this past Friday and they had everything I needed, plus some! I am getting that crafting bug again.
Mom and I went to McDonalds (I am going to blow up) and I watched a mentally challenged lady my age lick her fingers after every bite of food. I swear, I will be making 'Sunday pot roast' soon, after the sales. We saw another woman in there, dressed in a Henry Fonda outfit like from 'In Golden Pond' with the puffy vest and fisherman's hat (it was in the high 70s today). Mom recognized her from the hospital thrift shop where she had cornered mom to talk politics-mumbo jumbo. I would have said, 'get lost you crazy you know what'. You see all kinds.
Well my son made a face over the PSU banner asking where he would put it. I could have said 'someplace', but I refrained to use that language. Later, I gave him the only birthday gift I had bought him so far, a PSU license plate. I told him since he made such a stink over the little banner, no way was I saving the license plate for October. He commented, I shouldn't spend the money and that he may not be going to the school in a few years. He isn't taking to college life that well yet. He's in the newspaper club (a good start), but he doesn't stick around to meet people. Good luck son.

0comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS