Thursday, September 29, 2005

Stitching Blogger Question

Thanks to Mindy for reminding me to answer this:

Have you ever just quit a project while in the midst of it? (We’re not referring to UFOs here, rather projects that you know that you’ll never work on again.) Why? What did you do with it - throw it out, give it away, put it away?


There are a few that became so infuriating to stitch on, I packed them up. One is a Dimension kit of ocean waves that turn into galloping horses. I could finish it sometime, so it is really an UFO. The problem was that the color chart/symbols were on the other side of the chart. I'd go to change colors and lose my place! I need to get the one page copied. Why Dimensions would do this with a large chart is beyond me. Paper is cheap. I haven't worked on it for a few years and whether or not I do is questionable.
The other things are a beagle dog I was making for a friend of my brother's and I think the dog died, so I didn't finish it. I may finish it and give it to my mom the dog lover. The other was a design I was doing for a friend who isn't a friend anymore. Looking at it makes me unhappy even though it's not a bad design. Guess they sound more like UFOs, but it's been several years since I have put one stitch in any of them.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I just purchased the Just Cross Stitch Christmas ornament issue for 2005. It's nice and I am happy to have all the past issues of this yearly issue. I just need to stitch more of them! I like these because of the different designers who contributed their designs, a few I have met.
My brother just sent a big box of cross stitch stuff from his thrift shops excursions down in Florida. There were several bags of DMC floss which I could always use. I had to laugh because there were about 10 skeins of this green color and several of a gold. One kit had the little ornaments all stitched up, they only needed washing. I will probably donate them for a Love Quilt. There was a nice North America animal design still in the metal hoop. I took it off, and you guessed it, there was a hoop mark! I washed and soaked it twice and it's faded alot. I think that the stitching will cover a majority of the mark that is left. I thought that I didn't have the floss for it, but here it was in a little bag and the colors were all nicely wrapped on cardboard spools. I don't even do that with my own DMC. I may complete the design, I may not. I got someone else's UFO!!! I appreciate Don thinking of me and sending me goodies once in a while.

2comments:

  • At 6:34 PM, Blogger Diana LaMarre said…

    Dianne, do you decorate your Christmas tree with all of your own handmade ornaments?

     
  • At 10:37 PM, Blogger Dianne said…

    Hi Zoey!
    I gradually add to the Christmas tree each year. As you may know, I donate a lot of my stitching to charity, some of which is Christmas ornaments. I love to make them though.
    The Santa on my blog is mine and recently got a frame.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS