Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Amazing Race 8 runs around Pennsylvania!

I missed the first 15 minutes of the new season of 'The Amazing Race' because it was usually on Wednesdays and we had 'My Name is Earl' on (this is rather quirky, but a little funny). I asked Sean to flip the channel and sure enough the family edition of TAR was on. They were in New York City looking for a hot dog cart that was being guarded by the 2 bald guys from Season 1.
So they find out they have to go to Washington Crossing, PA. Yes, where our founding father crossed the Delaware River. My college pal lived in near by Morrisville. Sesame Place is nearby too! So I think that most of them got lost. I just love our highways here in PA. I really liked the Black family who happened to be black. They had trouble crossing the river because of the current.
Next they went to camp out in Fairmount Park near Philly. They could see the 'Filthydelphia' skyline. I hope they had lots of police around. ; ) It's near the Philly Zoo. Been to Fairmount at the Mann Music Center (several times) and my 10th high school reunion there at Memorial Hall.
Next they went to Mount Joy, PA. That's near Lancaster and about 50 miles from here. I am bummed because we never heard anything about the show being in this area. They either had to pull a buggy with two people inside or build a shed with a water wheel. The first family crashed the buggy and disabled it and they had to then build the shed. The others who pulled the buggy had a heck of a time. 1.5 miles is further than you think.
This one family was awful. The mother is a heavy set woman who yelled at her husband and two teen sons all the time. I was hoping the Blacks would beat them to Lancaster for the pit stop, but no! So the nice family was out and that left the big mouths in!
They are headed for Gettysburg next week. I am wondering if they will go on to Ohio or DC next? Looks like an interesting race!
Technorati Tags:,

0comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS