Thursday, August 04, 2005

Headed for the shur, I mean shore...



It's a rite of summer around here to 'go down the shur'. I've been doing it all my life. I love the beach areas. We've been to: Wildwood, NJ, Cape May, NJ, Ocean City, NJ, Atlantic City, NJ, Seaside Heights, NJ, Rehoboth, Delaware and Ocean City, MD. One of my first posts last year was about our trip to Atlantic City. This year we are headed for one of the best beach resorts in the area, Ocean City, MD. Love the inlet area, the bay, the shopping, but mostly the beach as it's never really crowded as there is so much of it.
I was thinking about all the trips to Wildwood growing up. You have to pause several times before you get to the edge of the water as the beach is so wide. We got caught in a downpour when I was little and were not able to get under the boards before becoming drenched to the bone.
We stayed on the third floor of a place and my mom and grandmom brought too much stuff (sequins to play bingo?).It rained most of the time we were there and Don and I played 'Movie Moguls' 30 times. I also got a wicked sunburn and remember suffering from it.
I also went down there with my pals from junior college when we graduated. Three of us tried to sleep in a double bed. I ended up on a blow-up raft. I ate turkey hoagies for every meal it seems. We were also stuck in the rain and ended up in this seedy bar. I was so tired from that trip, I slept for almost 2 days.
Wildwood is also where I fell for Brian. We have a polaroid to prove it.

0comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS