Monday, November 22, 2004

Teen blogs

I have a teen so blogs by teens interest me. I want to see if teens are any different than teens in the late 1970s when I was in that age group. The girls talk about boys and 'forever love' and 'you are my only one', etc. so they pretty much are the same. The boys are either geeky-they talk about computers and games or are matter of fact like my son's blog-'we went to Dover on Saturday....' He doesn't like that I look at it, but what does he have to hide? I am not judging him by his blog. It's a public blog, so anyone, even his mom can look at it. I don't know if you agree, but it's not like I am analyzing every word of it either. It's the girls I know who worry me. One is a college freshman and she seems lost and unhappy. She seems to be tasting the brew a lot and her words are a jumble. Another girl I know, well her spelling is atrocious and she talks of not wanting to be her mother who I know. Sean mentioned a guy we know so I was looking at his blog and his was like Sean's only 'geekier'. I was checking out his prom photos as Sean liked the same girl at one time and she picked this guy though Sean is cuter, but she probably had less in common with him. I don't like reading the 'f' words in blogs. The kids think they have to use it for some reason. To me it's a lack of vocabulary and I've told Sean this.

0comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS