Thursday, November 18, 2004

Gourmet Cooking-trying new recipes...

I'm trying to turn over a new leaf. I want to try new dishes, to savor new combos of foods. I want to utilize my vast collection of cookbooks and Martha Stewart Food magazines. I did just that today. What usually holds me back is searching for the ingredients in the grocery store. Today I decided on two recipes from Food-'Ginger Shrimp and Red Pepper Stir-fry' and 'Ricotta and spinach stuffed chicken'. We had the shrimp dish tonight with Uncle Ben's wild rice and the guys liked it a lot! If I could have found my grater, the ginger would have been finely chopped and a bit milder. I had to cut it up and when you got a big piece you knew it! I also went through coupons and saved $12 using them. It cost $14 for 8 weeks of the Sunday paper, so I guess I paid for that if you want to look at it that way. I have to sit down and do this for our tired tastebuds.

This is on my calendar today: 'The discovery of a new dish does more for human happiness than the discovery of a new star'-Brillat -Savarin

0comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS