Monday, November 22, 2004

More on the weekend...

I wanted to add how special my online friends have been to me in remembering my birthday. My friend in Ireland not only sent me a lovely mini-rose bush (see my photo) but also a pretty cross stitch kit plus a little mirror and pillbox with cross stitched designs. I love getting anything handmade. My friend Angela sent me a 'kitchen angel' made out of dish towels, a pot holder and some measuring spoons and a little fairy with a flower petal dress. Karin sent me a little pin cushion chair and Belgium chocolates. Terri sent me a trio of black candle holders with hanging clear beads and crystals, a keepsake box, a little resin basket and a t-shirt from Alabama. My brother sent me handmade wooden flowers from where he works on the weekend ( a gallery in Fort Lauderdale). My friend Barb is sending me a gift from Colorado. I feel truly blessed to be remembered by them all. My entertainment center is covered with cards.
So back to the weekend. On Saturday we took a late afternoon trip to Dover, Delaware which is about 52 miles away from here. We just couldn't get our act together. This strip of the Dupont highway has tons of shopping and restaurants, but I mainly wanted to go to the Atlantic Book Warehouse. It's one of my favorite stores and I get to go there once or twice a year. It's almost one stop shopping. I also buy things for resale on eBay. Mom enjoyed it too. I get my love for books honestly. After about one hour or so in the book warehouse, we went to The Olive Garden. My mom had never been in one. We had to wait about 35 minutes. We had a really nice waiter who looked like a young Tom Hanks with a beard. Mom loved the bottomless bowl of salad. After dinner we hit a huge Dollar Tree store and I spent about $40 in there. The last stop was Michaels as I was looking for some extra things as gifts for my brother Don's birthday on the 28th. The weather had turned rainy and Brian kept turning on the defroster and roasting Sean and me in the back seat. When we got home we finally had my birthday cake. I would say it was a much better birthday this year.

0comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS