Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Spark meme

Which among your traits or habits is a mixed blessing?
Identify an element of your personality with which you have a love/hate relationship — one that can bring as much joy as grief. Is it that you're trusting? Generous? Stubborn? A perfectionist? Is it that you speak your mind? Have no inhibitions? Have a wicked sense of humor?
Describe moments in which this trait has both been a blessing and a curse. Would you give it up, if you had to lose both its liabilities and benefits?
When I was younger I was a very quiet person who let few people in my circle. I would say now that I am a private person. I have friends, but most are friends I have met online. This is a mixed blessings, as I hardly get to see them. I have met a few who live nearby and have talked to many of them on the phone.
I use to be more of a joiner, ask any of the teachers who knew me when my son was in elementary school. I was also a PTO board member at one time. I was in the church choir and sang in it for 4 yrs.
Maybe being too private has inhibited my relationship with people. There are times when I have opened up and have been really nice to people and they are the ones who didn't work on the friendship.
I think I am too generous for my own good. I love to give gifts to family and friends. My mom can't understand why I send gifts to people who I have never met. They are people I admire and I call them my friends. We have more in common then people who live around here. They send gifts to me too.
I now speak up more to others. I just sent an email to a friend who is worshipping some man in another state who she said she is crazy about. I told her I don't understand how this can be as she is dating men in her own area too. She needs to be shook a bit. I love her as a friend, but come on!
And I am somewhat of a perfectionist. Now this was grating my nerves as my husband is not one at all. I use to have all my lps in alphabetical order when I was younger. I like things orderly, but am not breaking my back to have a neat as a pin house anymore.

0comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS