Tuesday, November 23, 2004

I always learn the hard way...

Did you know that Haagen Dazs makes a great laxative? What a nice way to start a post, but man did I ask for it. I had bought the 2 flavors of ice cream (Creme Brulee and Rocky Road) for my birthday and then Brian got the ice cream cake so it was sitting in the freezer all lonesome looking, not being opened, not even by my sneaky guys. I did a peek and taste after lunch yesterday and Cosmo helped by licking the spoon. Then we had a good dinner-chicken breast stuffed with ricotta and spinach, Italian green beans and wild rice. I thought I would have a treat for dessert. I hardly eat any ice cream. Well I felt really hungry at around 7 am this morning and I got a oatmeal bar and went back to sleep. When I got up I felt strange and then my stomach started doing a dance and I went-uh-oh-please calm down before the dentist appt. at 1:30! I have stuff to mail and then cleaning later. Too much for one person. I don't mind cooking the turkey, it's all the prep work that needs to be addressed. The guys say they will help and I am lucky if they run the vacuum and wipe down the sink and toilet. My kitchen is a mess, so that's what I'll be working on today. In past years I have switched the dining table (it's a small round one) to in front of the fireplace in the living room where my love seat is, but I think I'll just move it over a bit this year. My mom isn't sure if she'll feel up to driving out, so if she doesn't I'll have the three of us and my father-in-law who hasn't driven here since July. I told Brian he should take his dad a plate because of the above. We'll see.

0comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS