Friday, October 22, 2004

Fahrenheit 911

My brother wanted us to see this when it first came out and we didn't. Sean went down to the video store and brought home Fahrenheit 911 and the Passion of Christ. Talk about different flicks.
Well we watched the Michael Moore documentary first. I think every voter needs to see this. And it's not garbage (as my father-in-law told my son, and he probably didn't even see it) and so what if Moore is a big man. I hate when people say that about him. He connected the dots for me-I saw how the Bush men work. I'm not going to go into a rage here, but I still think the US is in Iraq for all the wrong reasons. A scene in the movie showed Iraqis doing what we think is normal a few days before the invasion-children flying a kite, a couple marrying (the lady was in a white wedding dress). Then the next scene was an attack and a man putting a bloody dead child in the back of a truck with other bodies and asking 'why, what did we do?' I don't know how anyone could watch this and not think the same thing. Do the bigwigs smell oil? How can we look at the scenes of our young, injured men saying that 'they still feel their hands', though both are missing and not feel something? And then the mom who reads the final letter from her son that tells her how great it is to get mail as it makes it more tolerable there. His final question to her-what are we doing here? Please rent this movie. It's important.

0comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS