Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Hot Pocket Heaven

Well after a long post, I tried to publish it and it got eaten! Just like all the Hot Pockets in my freezer do! I know that Hot Pockets have been around a while, but these frozen filled pastries (for lack of a better word) are just delectable! Most of them are. Forget the Philly cheese steak ones. I should know what a good Philly cheese steak tastes like. I started buying them in the summer as Sean got tired of sandwiches and won't eat soup. I was buying mostly the pizza ones, but now I enjoy the fajitas and chicken and broccoli pot pies. For breakfast they have Lean Hot Pockets Bacon and Eggs and the lady on the box lost weight eating them! You can have a strawberry pastry with icing too. Now the Lean ones are like 4 grams of fat. The others can go up to 17 or more grams of fat. I don't eat them all that much and if I do, I need to move more during the day to burn that off. I noticed if I have too little for lunch I burn out by the late afternoon.
I am also lucky because Sean will eat and take leftovers for lunch. He'll feast on leftover spaghetti or tacos! I will eat leftovers, but I like the 'Soup at Hand' creamy tomato and vegetable. I just wish they didn't have all the added salt.
My mom and brother are both diabetic, not the bad type, but my mom just started testing her sugar again and it was 94 in the morning and about 145 at night. She was worried, but she can't just go by a few tests, but an average of a week or more. I don't know if Dave is still being careful with his eating. I hope I never get this. I never had a sugar problem even though I am overweight. Mom is 111 pds and showed sugar when she was pregnant many decades ago.
I am hoping I don't get a phone call from the gyn about the tests I had on Monday. I figured someone read them by now. Say a little prayer for me, will you? : )

0comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS