Sunday, October 17, 2004

Clothes horse

Actually I hate that expression. It doesn't pertain to me, no not ever! LOL I am not a label whore either though I love Liz Claiborne stuff. I wasn't impressed by what I saw in the outlet in Atlantic City this past August. She makes the best stretchy pants, so tailored. I do have my fair share of clothing. Some of it's not that old and some of it's many years old. I was switching out my summer clothes with the winter (which are my favorite) clothes today. We have a 3 bedroom ranch house with lousy storage space. We have 3 of those sliding door closets with the basic wooden pole and shelf above and a closet we put in the family room for coats, the vacuum, games, video tapes and junk. We bought 2 armoires for each of us about 4 yrs ago. What happens with the armoires is we get tall, leaning, folded piles of clothes and the stuff on the bottom gets lost and I forget to wear it. I need to go to Wally World (Walmart) and get some flat plastic see through boxes so we can divide the short sleeves from the long sleeves and everything in between.
Poor Bri has to go up in the attic and get the two 'doggie caskets' as I call them with all the needed clothing in them and drag them down the fold up stairs. Now I am thinking about getting space bags as we are getting older and want to not hurt anything! It's a 3 hour ordeal and I cringe and open up my donation bag (try to have one a season) and quickly pop in the things I hate that wrinkle or don't look right on me.
To me, pure heavenly bliss would be a walk in closet like my sister-in-laws both have. I hope they don't read this, but neither have the clothes I have, sorry gals. One wears hers a year or so and they are gone. The other one seems to have the same outfits for years.
Update-I went to a book sale yesterday and was very good and only bought a small bagful. I had been at my mom's and she went to the sale before me (the sale was in my hometown) and she bought me 20 books! I wasn't thrilled to say the least. I had many of what she bought and they weren't all that great. Sorry my mommy.
Mom told me one of her uncles was in WWII and she told me the division too. I need to write it down. He was an musician, so played for the troops as well. Incidently, he and his brother were in a band in the 30s and some of their music was used in the 'Paper Moon' soundtrack. Seeing Tatum O'Neal on Oprah made me remember this.
We took my son to the mall last night so he could pick out a few birthday gifts as he will be 18 on the 24th. I dropped $80 in the Gap for 2 items-a button down shirt and tan cords. He had a gift certificate for Macy's for $100 so got himself a new winter coat-dark blue microfiber with gray fleece lining. Mom got him 'The Day After' DVD. I think he wants some surprises because he said he couldn't believe he was picking out his bd gifts! I have one thing for him and my good friend in Alabama is sending him a few things. He's hard to buy for. We are probably going to take a day trip to either New Hope, PA or Rehoboth Beach, DE. on his birthday. We'll see next weekend.

0comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS