Thursday, October 21, 2004

Hitting TJ Maxx

I just haven't felt much like shopping lately. Yep, it's a cash flow issue. October basically sucks big time. It's time for car insurance and all the other bills due in the 3rd quarter. December is another balancing act. Anyway, I've had this family room on my mind and it's coming around. The painting is done except for along a wall where Brian didn't tape between two colors and it needs touch up. My son is driving and our insurance went up, way up. He hardly ever drives. I was hoping and thinking-hmmmm.... I need some shrimp, Sean can run down to the store for me so I don't have to put makeup on, that kind of thing. Nope, doesn't happen. And it's Sean's 18th birthday on Sunday. He had picked out things as mentioned in a previous post, but being he's my only, I had to get a few surprises for him, so I went to TJ Maxx. I hadn't been in there for ages and they had good stuff! I won't say what I bought him-ok it's clothing. I got a chenille throw rug for the family rug that coordinates well with my lounge chair. It has a burgundy background with red flowers (think sofa) with green accents. I also walked past this crystal turkey and then came back and looked at it and bought it! I like candy jars and also have a small turkey collection, so it fits. It's really pretty. I got Colleen's (sis-in-law) mom a few things as she'll be 60 on Sean's birthday. She just had an operation and I wanted to get her gifts. I blew a bit in there and headed off to 'Big Lots' which is usually lots of junk. Got some 50% off Halloween stuff and birthday supplies, so I'm ready for Sunday.

0comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS