Monday, October 25, 2004

Birthday milestone

Yes, my only child just turned 18 yesterday. No longer a child and now a man. He is still my little boy and I know we will always be close. We just have that kind of relationship.
I have to tell you what happened on Saturday though. Brian and I were cleaning up the yard getting it ready for the winter and Sean came out and said he was off to the park for a run. Well, surprise, surprise! He hasn't gone running for many months. When he got back there was a car behind the van and being a mom I thought maybe he had had a fender bender, then in a more calm state, he was giving directions to someone. Well, glory be! Some girls from his class had recognized him in the van and stopped by to chat! It was like he had groupies. He was moving his arms around in an animated way. When he came in, he was grinning ear to ear. We were teasing him in a nice way. I thought it was cute.
Yesterday we took a family trip to Lancaster, PA. It's just the three of us. I told Sean he could invite friends to a local restaurant for pizza and he knocked down that idea saying birthdays are 'family times'. We aren't much on parties for bigger kids and I wouldn't know who to invite. I think it's hard to tell people what to buy someone who has everything he needs and more. So we took a shopping trip anyway. Sean wanted another pair of sneakers and had money burning a hole in his pocket from his grandfather. The other thing he wants to buy is a fancy calculator. He only did buy the sneaks. I actually got a little Christmas shopping done, mainly for my internet friends and my niece and nephew. We went to a smorgasbord place and it was good, but could have been better. It was a nice time for the three of us.

0comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS