Saturday, September 04, 2004

...in other words...

We can't all be heroes because somebody has to sit on the curb and clap as they go by.
-- Will Rogers

I was looking for something to add here for today. I am one big ache from book moving and painting, especially my right upper arm and I'm a leftie (which would make an interesting blog entry too). Anyway, I love quotes and I thought this was a great Will Rogers quote. I agree with his statement, but we can surely have personal heroes that aren't in the limelight. This statement brought to mind the parades that we go to in our local town. My son has been in a few of them on a school float. As someone who was a bystander, I felt pride when our veterans, esp the older gents from WWII and the Korean War go by either walking or in decorated vehicles. They are the lucky ones who came home.

0comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS