Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Kirigami everyday

It really doesn't take much to make me happy. Good food, quiet time and new crafts are right up there with flowers, cross stitching and a movie I want to watch again (I'm really picky as I get older though about movies). This little rip-off calendar is making the entrance into the dreary days of January more fun for me! That's the practice one, then the ones for the last few days. Notice that the one you cut for the previous day is displayed on the current page-cool! And on the bottom is a sneak peek for tomorrow's snowflake. I have almost mastered the fold-I have to rethink the fold lines (on the calendar page there) and do eventually get it. It comes with detailed directions too! Then you cut out the printed design. Tomorrow's will be rather wing-like! I'm adding these to my collage scrapbook. My niece Tori would love these. I can cut squares out of new paper and redraw the patterns and let her go to town.
I will learn some other folds-starburst, spider, quilt, half/square fold, pop-outs, 3-D flowers and weaving and bows. All for $7.50! Run to Borders and get one! (uh oh-tomorrow is a starburst fold!)

2comments:

  • At 7:18 PM, Blogger Diana LaMarre said…

    Well, isn't that cute!
    I've never seen anything like it.
    It does look like you're having fun.

     
  • At 7:33 AM, Blogger Mayzu said…

    I got the calender, but lost the explanations of how to do the folds, can you tell me?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS