Friday, December 15, 2006

Home Cmas Tour Celebration


Welcome to my humble home. : ) I'm not really finished, but I promise to add more photos. We have a red and white candy cane theme going on out front with a few snowmen thrown in for good measure. I just strung the hedge lights yesterday. That's our new window which looks so nice inside, just wait and see!




I have a collection of snowbabies in the front window. That's buffalo snow underlit with white lights. In the middle is a giant glass mushroom. We do live in the heart of mushroom country.

My winter wonderland tree with blue and white lights.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

A newer shot with more ornaments-missing the bottom row of lights which were replaced!

My feather tree with hand cross stitched ornaments. That's a real feather wreath on the wall and vintage Santas under it.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This is a 'Martha Washington' cabinet that belonged to my grandmom. I stitched the Santa with the green border and found the other at a tag sale.

13comments:

  • At 11:16 AM, Blogger Susie said…

    Love all your decor, but the snowbabies and the buffalo snow are lovely!
    :)

     
  • At 1:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i like the feather tree being the place where all the hand stiched ornaments go. How neat!


    Merry Christmas!!

     
  • At 3:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love the snowbabies and your feather wreath! You have a very lovely home. Thanks so much for the tour and have a Very Merry Christmas!

     
  • At 6:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dianne...until I saw yours and Barb's comment on my post this morning, I admit I had completely forgotten about the tour!!! Sheesh! Thank you for reminding me!!! lol I so love your decorations and trees...love the way you decorated your yard too!!! xoxo

     
  • At 12:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I've never heard of a feather tree before. It's just adorable with the cross stitch ornaments. Lovely. Merry Christmas

     
  • At 1:05 PM, Blogger Susimac said…

    Thankyou for the tour, I love seeing how you've decorated for Christmas and I look forward to seeing more.
    Hugs Su

     
  • At 1:44 PM, Blogger mainely stitching said…

    Beautiful, Dianne! What a festive, cheery home you have! I'm fascinated by the feather wreath. I've never seen anything like it before. How do you safely preserve it from one year to the next?

    Thanks for sharing these pictures!

     
  • At 1:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dianne, your home looks beautiful. I LOVE your tree!!! :)

     
  • At 4:18 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    You have a beautiful home and I love the snowbabies display! and the "feather tree" with the stitched ornaments - lovely!

     
  • At 10:55 PM, Blogger Kelli said…

    I LOVE your winter wonderland tree, its gorgeous! Your snowbabies are so cute, thanks for having us over!
    Merry Christmas!
    Kelli

     
  • At 9:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Everything looks beautiful! Thank you for inviting us in.

    Merry Christmas!

     
  • At 4:54 PM, Blogger Laura said…

    Your decorations are beautiful...I love the way you've decorated your window area. Very nice...thanks for letting me take a peak. Laura

     
  • At 8:33 PM, Blogger Barbara H. said…

    I am slowly making my way through BooMama's tour. :) Everything is just lovely, especially the snow babies and the blue decorations on the tree. Thanks for having us in!

    My tour is buried under other posts here.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS