Saturday, August 05, 2006

Finally a day to garden

I went to the shed and got out the tangled orange cord (thanks Bri) and the trusty old weed whacker. I was a sight to be seen-old bleach stained pedal pushers, my old flower shirt with a gray tank under it, my hair in ponytails and my protective eye gear. At first 'my pal' was letting me down-humming and hardly cutting. It sounded tired. I thought-oh no, there goes the Toro! I unplugged it, flipped it over and pulled some more nylon cutting cord out-presto! That did the trick, it was it's old busy self again! So I did the borders in the front yard, down the sidewalk and up the flagstone path. The heat was starting to get to me by the time Brian came out to trim the hedges. I discovered 'the magic' of the mist dial on the hose-that helped revive me several times.
About 1:30, after 2 hours and sporting a beet red face, I gave up and came in. Brian worked a little longer, but I am far from finished yet. I believe you should try to keep it neat where people see it (that's outside) and worry about everything else later. I may go out again tomorrow. I am a little sick right now-I think I overdid it. We didn't go to church. Again there's always tomorrow.

2comments:

  • At 5:31 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I like their Blog,is very nice! Come to play with me! =^^=

     
  • At 1:07 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said…

    It's so hard working in the garden with this heat...I don't last very long! These days I just make sure my flowers are watered and I'll take care of the rest once it's cooler!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS