Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Hot as Hades

We've been pretty much laying low this week. Sean's been going out running errands. I asked him to get not one, but two ink cartridges for the printer at Wally World Monday and he did and even paid for them! Nice to have him earning some money. He usually only works from 6-10, so he has his entire day to do what he wants.
I am watering the grass, I mean flowers every night. The weeds are terrible and it makes me feel like I wasted my time planting flowers this year. When the heat breaks, I'll get outside and do the best I can. I shoulda mulched! I am so drenched with sweat, by the time I come in I either take a shower or put on my nightgown!
I talked to my uncle tonight. His speech is a little slurred at times and he takes a few seconds longer to answer me. He said he is sleeping and eating a little bit more. I told him I loved him and he said he loved me too. I almost lost it while I was still on the phone with him-I don't want to do that and scare him. It's so hard.
I did do a little home improvement today. I'll end on that note. We use to have a wall phone on the dining room wall as you round the corner. I had found an old-fashioned looking phone and all anyone did was run into the thing. When I cracked my arm into it for the millionth time, I practically tore it off the wall. Brian took the circuit thingie and stuck it in the wall, put the metal mesh over the hole and spackled it. I finished it up and I must say, it's not too bad. There are a few bumps, but my love of cross stitching has helped me to match up colors pretty well. If you didn't know it was painted with another blue 9 yrs ago, then you'd never know.

1comments:

  • At 12:18 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said…

    Isn't that heat & humidity horrible? We had some days of it and it was unbearable being outside for even 5 minutes! Tody it seems to have broken and although it will get in the low 80's, there is no humidity so that's a big blessing!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS