Monday, July 31, 2006

25 yrs ago Saturday...

... I flipped on my little black and white tv in my bedroom to watch the wedding of Lady 'Di' Diana Spencer to Prince Charles. I think it was around 5-6 am and I don't get up that early for everyone. Brian thinks it's funny I watched this, but it was like a fairytale wedding to a young lady like myself. We all dream of finding our own 'Prince Charming'. I was shy like Diana, I even got my hair cut to a similar short style as hers. At the time, her wedding dress was rather bulky when other brides were going for chantilly lace, etc. Here is a photo I always liked of the late Diana:

3comments:

  • At 8:44 AM, Blogger Kiwi Jo said…

    That really brings back memories for me too! We watched the wedding at our neighbours house because she had colour TV and we only had black & white. She had brought us special chocolates and commerative tea cups so we sat and drank cups of tea out of them. I think Mum still has the cups. I remember that someone once told me that I looked like Lady Di and that was the biggest compliment anyone has ever paid me (of course I don't really but wanted to have her hair style too back-in-the-day).

     
  • At 10:12 AM, Blogger Girl About Town said…

    I remember watching THE wedding on tv the night before my exams started. I always thought she was a beautiful bride and what a fairytale gown!!!

     
  • At 12:54 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said…

    Gosh, hard to believe that was 25 years ago already!! I, too, remember watching the wedding on tv and thinking what a fairytale wedding it was! It's a shame it turned out the way it did but that's another story!! She certainly was a classy lady!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS