Wednesday, July 05, 2006

It's a Bug's life here in PA

I was outside earlier and I am now a bit discouraged from seeing all the insects eating lacy holes in a lot of my plants. The weeds are terrible and I don't know what garden to start with. I only mulched one area this year which was a mistake. The mulch helps not only keep the weeds down, but it also keeps the plants more upright maybe? Bri weeded around 'his area' of the veggie garden while my green beans, dill and sunflowers are being slowly choked out. I just can't cook and weed at the same time. ; )
I am tired from all the chopping and preparing yesterday. Sean didn't get home until 6:45 and I was near starving. He went to the fireworks with his pals and left Brian in the dust. It was something they usually did together. I've gone a few times, but I'm not crazy about sitting in the grass at night much. I much prefer the tv and the fireworks on Philly's parkway.
I'm sticking a Stouffer's lasagna in the oven tonight. I had a $2 coupon off. What could be easier?

3comments:

  • At 4:49 PM, Blogger mainely stitching said…

    Maybe I'll try mulching this year... Sounds like it's well worth the effort.

     
  • At 5:14 PM, Blogger Diana LaMarre said…

    I know what you mean about the bugs eating holes in all the leaves...it's so disappointing.
    Isn't it amazing how fast the garden seems to go from beautiful to a patch of weeds?

    With all the rain you have had,
    I am not surprised that things are growing fast. Try not to get too discouraged.
    Hope the lasagna was good. I've had Stouffer's and liked it a lot.

     
  • At 8:29 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said…

    I have something eating my leaves too...it gets so discouraging, all the work we put into it and the darn bugs come alone and ruin it all. *sigh* The veggie garden is growing by leaps and bounds now and you should see the potatoe bugs on the potatoe plants...grrrrrrrrr...just can't win!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS