Monday, July 17, 2006

I'm okay

It was a long day for me waiting to go to the doctor's to hear about my bloodwork. Everything is ok except the pesky triglyerides and 'mildly' elevated liver enzymes. I was told to try fish oil for the 'tris' and she didn't seem overly concerned about the enzymes. Two of my brothers have 'weaknesses' in that area. Ken and I had our gallbladders out. My other brother has elevated LFT like me, but he smokes. He became a vegetarian (not sure if he caved in) but to me it would be wise to stop smoking. My older brother has diabetes. I think everybody has 'something'. I just took a fish oil capsule after dinner, but I'm going to alternate it with garlic capsules. The doc said I could get rechecked in 3-4 months. A bonus- I have lost 6 pounds since February. : )
I then got a new filling in a bottom tooth by a handsome young dentist with strong hands (my poor jaw). He was pretty fast-reminded me of how my usual dentist was a few years back. We were talking about my 'gap tooth' smile since there was a 'before' and 'after' photo smack in front of me. He said that I could get it fixed, but I've had my entire life and it's me.
I got home to no dinner. Just once I'd like my guys to surprise me with dinner. I was numb from the middle of my lip to my jaw. I couldn't eat until after 7.
Mom and Uncle Don sound good for a change. Mom slept 5 hours straight because she liked the double bed there. I think she likes taking care of her brother too. She's been filling up his tank, especially with cool drinks and I hope a nice dinner. Sean and I will go see them probably Wednesday. I may steal her to bring back to the house for a while as she hasn't seen the kitchen yet.
Got out my 'Cape May' cross stitch design and was working on that for a bit. It's nice to have some personal peace of mind for at least a little while.

2comments:

  • At 1:28 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said…

    So glad to hear your doctor appt went well...just eating healthier and quitting smoking can make such a difference! As for the dentist, it doesn't hurt so bad when he's yound and handsome eh? lol Glad your mom and uncle are doing better, hopefully they will continue that way!

     
  • At 2:38 PM, Blogger mainely stitching said…

    I'm also relieved to hear that everything is reasonably okay. Good luck with your re-testing in 3 or 4 months.

    Men are odd about cooking dinner, aren't they?

    I'm really glad to hear that your mom and uncle are doing okay. Phew, that must be such a huge relief!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS