Sunday, July 16, 2006

Close the oven it's hot!

I made myself go to the store as it's suppose to be one of the 'cooler' days this week. I'm a sucker for buy 1, get 1 free and bought two more half gallons of ice cream. Seems Seanie boy isn't eating what's in there and I had 6 1/2 gallons of ice cream! This is totally bizarre for a house with only 3 people under it's roof. I purposely put the milk shake machine in an easy access place for him too. I had to grin and bear it while I threw two of the containers in the trash-they were from April and there was only one scoop from one and I couldn't look in the other one. I'm getting like my mother who also overbuys. Actually, I've been better this way as I can see better what I have because of the added storage space. And I also blame buying more ice cream on the delicious sounding flavors. I bought for my diet conscious self some green tea mango smoothie. Now who else is going to try that one?
My mom is at my uncle's now. He got home about 1:30 today and had to be helped in the house by his stepdaughter's friend. His legs are like noodles and he can't make it to the bathroom. Looks like he'll need a wheelchair if all this keeps up. I'm surprised his stepdaughters thought my mom should be there when she is as weak as a kitten sometimes. What happens if he falls? Mom said she has the phone numbers of neighbors 'just in case'.
Brian is finishing up the lawn. He waited until a few hours ago to cut it-wise idea. I watered things in anticipation for tomorrow. And I have that blasted follow-up appt for the bloodwork-in this heat-my blood pressure will be high. They love to take it when you first get there too. After that I am headed up the stairs to the dentist for what I hope is a patch job on a chipped tooth. It's rough in the back and is so annoying. Keep us all in your thoughts and I'll do the same for you.


I took this out my dining room window (and it looks remarkable clean) of what I see every morning. I'm not happy with the creeping charlie under the little chairs though. I haven't had any waterlily blooms or seen any froggy pals in the pond.

3comments:

  • At 4:44 PM, Blogger mainely stitching said…

    I just rescued a screaming froggie from our cat. I didn't know they could make noises like that.

    It's hot, here, too. I feel like I'm melting. Thankfully, we have a small freezer and we can't buy too much ice cream.

     
  • At 4:50 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said…

    I used to buy way too much also but now that the boys are moved out, I'm learning to buy and cook much less! Your mom doesn't sound like the right person to be helping your uncle...but it is good that she has the neighbour's numbers in case she needs help with him. Love your pond, what a lovely sight to see when you look out your window:-)

     
  • At 6:55 PM, Blogger Diana LaMarre said…

    On a nice hot night like this you should be sitting out admiring your pond while sipping on a giant milk shake.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS