Saturday, May 13, 2006

Jinxed windshield wipers

Well, I have all my cabinets hung, but I am waiting for a replacement door and a pantry drawer too. The Home Depot guy Bob came today and it took him an entire hour to hang 1 door and put in about 6 knobs. I was suppose get to my mom's by 2 and Bob left at 1:45. The guys went over to Bri's dad's for a visit and to give him our old microwave (that he is 'scared' of-he prefers his 23 yr old one) and Bri planted some tomatoes too.
I quickly ate lunch, put on a little makeup and loaded mom's planter and gifts for Mother's Day in the van. I was in a good mood and called from the bank parking lot to say I was on my way. I was headed north and in front of me were menacing black rain clouds. It dawned on me that my windshield wipers had been acting weird and I got a bit nervous. I had every right to feel this way as I drove right into the rain and had to pull over twice because my left blade just flopped around. It was quite scary. I called the guys up on my cell and told them what happened. Thank goodness I was headed to my brother's house-the mechanic bro. After the rain eased up I finally got on the road and landed in a traffic jam and more rain. By the time I got to my brother's house I was strung out. Ken's kids were cute and I enjoyed spending time with them. Also got to see Ken's handiwork-his kitchen is shaping up! Most of the cabinets are in place!
Brian and Sean decided to come down. On the way from his granddad's house, Sean's windshield wiper blade, on the same side as my broken one, started to flop around!I couldn't believe it! Sean had to pull off the road about 5 times. Ken got out his wrench and just tightened the mechanism under the hood (in like 5 minutes) and they both were fine.
We went out for brick oven pizza and ran into rain on the way home. The wipers were fine! At home, it was rather dry and I watered my newly planted garden.
So check your wipers if you haven't used them for a while!

Update-Su, my pal from England, is sending me the cross stitch magazine that I thought I was getting my photo printed in. Unfortunately I'm not in it, they picked an English lady. Not surprised, but Cyperstitcher.com got some nice coverage.

2comments:

  • At 3:59 AM, Blogger Annemarie said…

    Hello? What's this about your stitchings on Cyberstitchers, and the English magazine? I really should spend more time blog-reading... Thank goodness you and Sean were alright, after the windscreen-wiper scares you had! Yikes!

     
  • At 5:59 AM, Blogger mainely stitching said…

    Hey Dianne, is that issue already out? Anita said I might be in it, too - was I? My mom said she'd pick me up an issue if I was.

    I'm glad you didn't have any serious problems due to your jinxed windshield wipers!

    And most importantly, HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS