Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Heat wave

Yep, it's hot out today-about 90. I did water a few wilted things before I wilted myself and came in to prime the newly spackled walls. That primer paint is really thin and smelly too.
Remember my previous post about my huge hollyhock? Well, isn't it sick now with rust! It was fine too yesterday. It looks like is has yellow chicken pox. Some sites say to cut off the leaves and then trim it down to the ground in the fall. Others say to destroy it! I bet it got sick from a tree that has similar spots on it's leaves that is dropping them about 25 feet from my plant. Another tree in my yard has it, but it's around the back, away from the hollyhock. That particular tree is 'Sean's tree' as we planted it for him when he was about 2. It will probably have to come down and it's a tall one. Brian is one of these tree trimmers who trims from the bottom ignoring the tops. That tree could have been kept smallish instead of looking like a gigantic green Q-tip. Now it's a gigantic twig!
Off to finish up Rachael's RR. I can't wait to share it with her and you!

1comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS