Monday, May 29, 2006

July at the end of May

Sunday turned out to be an outdoor day for the three of us. Sean cuts the grass around the house and Brian takes over and does 'the long part' of the yard. I am in the weeding phase of my May gardening efforts. I actually got fed up with trying to pull out messy tangles of 'Creeping Charlie' and got out the big boy rake which takes it out in a few swoops.
Before I went out to garden, I tackled the spackled wall in the kitchen. I must say I did a pretty good job. So good, Brian said to why not do the wall next to the basement door so he could just put up a nice rectangle of plywood for the tin so he wouldn't have to cut out odd pieces. I spackled that too and it looks great. Maybe I should get into spackling for a living? ; )
It was about 84 degrees and a little humid. I quickly faded and did things a little at a time. I didn't finish planting a few impatiens and veggies I have. My goal is to plant it all before June 1st and the rest of the summer is maintenance.
We had Chinese food because my freezer only had some frozen pizza and tons of chicken. I guess since it's Memorial Day today, we should throw something on the grill. Maybe some steak?

I was reading a blog and the gardener said she didn't like geraniums. I like them like this, lined up on my backstep. See how nice they look in their different pots. Seeing this reminds me that I so need to pressure clean some steps and to paint that railing. So much to do, so little time.

3comments:

  • At 1:07 AM, Blogger Alice said…

    I'm almost addicted to geraniums (zonal, regal and ivy-leafed pelargoniums, actually) but they do need to a little maintenance to look their best. I also love those with coloured or marked leaves. I also like them in pots on steps - just like yours.

     
  • At 9:09 AM, Blogger Diana LaMarre said…

    Yours look nice, Dianne.
    I personally do not grow geraniums as I just can't seem to get them to look as lovely as I see other gardeners do.
    You will have to post a pic in August. I bet they will be gorgeous.

     
  • At 11:04 AM, Blogger Carol said…

    I like your geraniums set up like that - super charming!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS