Monday, May 29, 2006

How I spent Memorial Day '06

Sanding and spackling another wall

Putting up a few sheets of the mosiac-isn't it pretty? I sure hope it sticks. The lady who I bought these from said it may take days or weeks (gawd) before you can take the plastic (that's what has them all lined up so nicely) off of these to do the grouting. I did put too much adhesive under some sections (thanks to the old adhesive) and I am wondering if I will have to level that out before I grout. After grouting is the cleaning part and then the sealing part. Lots of work! I put the tile all the way down to the granite and then I'll put some clear sealant there. I had to cut the ones directly under the cabinet. I guess that's not exactly a good job for a leftie, but I am getting the hang of it.



I took this a few days ago as Sean wanted a new photo for his facebook. He's next to the Japanese Maple in the front yard.

3comments:

  • At 5:38 AM, Blogger Diana LaMarre said…

    Love the tile. Can't wait to see that backsplash all done.

    I think you had a very productive Memorial Day.

    (I had to work on Memorial Day--I do every year--bummer, but that's life).

     
  • At 6:17 AM, Blogger Annemarie said…

    You're quite the spackler, Dianne. Those tiles look gorgeous. So does your son, by the way!

     
  • At 6:24 PM, Blogger Von said…

    Nice looking son, Dianne.
    You were really busy over the holiday and you have something wonderful to show for it! Yay!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS