Friday, April 28, 2006

New floor installed

Sean looks a little sleepy here, but he and Cosmo the kitty are posing on the new kitchen floor! It took the guys 5 hours to install. It's a laminate, but doesn't it look like real hardwood? I really like it as it's old-fashioned looking and sorta goes with the wood in the rest of the house. Brian made more of a fuss over this then he did the cabinets! The first thing Bri had to do was to trim off the bottom of the basement door as it wouldn't shut otherwise. The young guys 'from Jersey' got here at 10 and finished up at 3. They 'tawked' just like Rocky. They had music booming all afternoon. I had to have the cat on a harness as they were leaving the door open a lot to go cut pieces and Cos would run for the door. At the end, I saw something I didn't like, a half of a piece of the old floor trim with moulding around it and to the cabinet (there's a space where the old cabinet was). I asked the guy to remove it and in the process he put a crack in the trim on the cabinet but didn't tell me. I think it can be glued or we have some trim left over.
The next step is to go look for tile. If I can't find any tomorrow, I'll order from the online company I like. The garden window and new living room bay window go in on the 12th of May, weather permitting.
This morning I started a scrapbook of our remodel photos for inspiration for other projects.
About 3:30 I went out and planted about 40 bulbs, mostly gladiolus and other smaller flowers. I can't remember the name right now. It's getting dry outside again and the dirt was hard to dig. Crossing fingers for the yellow, pink, burgundy and white glads!

3comments:

  • At 6:10 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Dianne, you mentioned on Carol's blog that you didn't fancy digging up the glads. I am a keen gardener and watch all the gardening programmes. One over here is called Gardener's World and the year before last they did a trial, where they left some in the ground and took the others out. The better blooms last year were the ones they left. I left mine in (I forgot I had planted them, oops) and they're starting to poke their heads through now.
    Hope this helps.

     
  • At 3:10 PM, Blogger Carol said…

    Nice floor! I am so jealous :-) I, too, dislike digging up glads. I have a bag of corms now to plant, but our nights have been chilly this week so I am holding off right now. I sometimes leave them in the ground and plant new ones in the spring, since a bag is only $5 or less are WalMart... the gardener in me is embarassed by that laziness, but I choose to be honest with you! Yes, we love the red mulch here! Our house is beige with green, and the red mulch really makes it look great :-)

     
  • At 11:14 PM, Blogger Von said…

    Your new floor looks great, Dianne! The laminates have come a long way in the last few years!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS