Sunday, April 30, 2006

Flower shopping

After church last night, I asked Sean if we could stop by one of my favorite nurseries and he obliged. We were halfway there anyway. Talk about overwhelming-they were fully stocked! Their prices are good-annuals $1.99 to $2.99. I know Wally World is probably cheaper, but they don't have the colors and choices that this place does. I purchased marigolds, snapdragons, petunias, salvia and impatiens, my standard 'filler' plants. I also bought some mini-marigolds (sold as an herb) and johnny jump-ups for my fairy garden. Also found a few herbs like dill and lavender. I have trouble with lavender and if anyone has growing hints, I'd appreciate them.
I think all the pollen overload gave me a big sinus headache a few hours later right up until bedtime. I feel better now, thank goodness, but will use the Flonase before going outside.
Cosmo 'christened' the new kitchen floor with a few scratches already! I couldn't believe it! I bought a few throw rugs with the fringe on the ends and he likes to kick them and then take off like a Looney Tunes character with the spinning feet, thus leaving a few scratches behind. Brian read on the web about a laminate repair kit. I am suppose to get a 'customer care kit' from the company where we bought the floor. Doesn't seem too scratch resistant to me as stated on the packaging and what the salesman told us. : (
I got an email from my friend who lost her son last week. Said that she received the plants from me (I sent her a planter with a variety of green houseplants). The wake was attended by a few hundred people who really loved her son and raved about him. I was glad to read this because it will definitely help give her closure.
Off to the grocery store-oh happy day!

1comments:

  • At 2:33 PM, Blogger mainely stitching said…

    My lavender grows great - it seems to really thrive on neglect! LOL

    I love Johnny jump-ups. Those cheery little faces always make me smile.

    As for your laminate showing scratches from Cosmo, I'd definately check that out. We've got laminate and the kids have to practically drag spikes over it to make a scratch.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS