Saturday, March 11, 2006

Daytrippin' to the Philadelphia Flower Show!


Yeah! Brian and I went today. We didn't get there until 4 (missed the 2:30 train), but it was open until 9:30 tonight. We ventured around the Convention Center for almost 2 hours and then headed across the street to the Reading Terminal to get a bite to eat for dinner. I have never seen so many cellphones and digital cameras in one place! It was crowded, but I got to take about 40 photos. The ride home was a little noisy (kids on the train). I'm so glad Brian and I got to do something together. Tomorrow we order the kitchen cabinets and appliances! Woo hoo!


A house for fish


Me at the Reading Terminal at the same place where Rachael Ray ate (Homestyle Diner, I think) when she taped her show $40 a Day here. See the poster behind me. I had an opened face hot turkey sandwich with mashed potatoes.

A dragon in the garden!


Me in at the fairy garden display

A swirly glazing ball

We got to see a wonderful display of paintings by Timothy Martin. His paintings are part fantasy and mostly nature. Like the tiger lily settee with the tiger lounging on it. Check out his site. He was actually there painting in the middle of the flower show.


Sheep's gate-is this not gorgeous? It's definitely prettier in person.

3comments:

  • At 3:11 AM, Blogger Von said…

    So glad you were able to get to the flower show,Dianne!! I agree that the sheep's gate is gorgeous!!

     
  • At 10:27 AM, Blogger mainely stitching said…

    I am SO glad you were able to go and that you had such a wonderful time!! Thanks for sharing the pics.

     
  • At 4:37 PM, Blogger Diana LaMarre said…

    I was hoping you would get to go to the show so you could show us all the pics! How nice that Brian went, too. It looks like you had a great day.

    How exciting that you are ordering your cabinets, etc. Can't wait to see it all completed.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS