Friday, January 06, 2006

Prolific ice skaters

My mom had viewed a special called Kristi Yamaguchi and Friends on New Year's Day and was telling me about how all the popular ice skaters now have children, including Kristi herself (she has two little girls). Last night I got to see an hour of the show!
Scott Hamilton has a look-alike little boy (so glad as he had had cancer); Kurt Browning has a little boy; Nancy Kerrigan has two little boys and one of my favorite ice skaters-Ekaterina Gordeeva has two daughters by two different Olympic skaters. She lost her first husband Sergei back in '95 when he suffered a massive heart attack at age 28. Their daughter Daria is now 13 and the splitting image of her dad. Guess who Katia is skating with now? Yep, lovely 'Dasha'. It brought tears to my eyes.



Daria 'Dasha' Grinkova

3comments:

  • At 9:24 PM, Blogger BeckySC said…

    WOW, Dianne, those are some awesome photos! Thank you for sharing :)

    I wanted to thank you for your comment to my blog. I am sorry you have had a not so good ebay experience, BUT, I think you are in the right to leave whatever feedback you see fit as long as it is true. I am sorry the seller has been difficult.

    hugs

     
  • At 11:01 PM, Blogger Jenn said…

    Thanks for the update of Dasha. I knew she was skating but, I'd not seen a photo of her in years. Oh I do missing seeing Sergei skating.

    I had a nice time tonight having a look around your blog. Keep up the good work. :)

     
  • At 1:24 PM, Blogger Sandy said…

    I had forgotton about Sergei and his tragic story. It is amazing his daughter is thirteen already. Time flys by.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS