Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Looking into kitchens

I like the above in the color below, not too white. My kitchen is only 11' x 12', so I wouldn't be ordering half of what is pictured above or below, as a matter of fact.
Finally! This is Brian's last day off and we headed to The Home Depot in Delaware. It wasn't busy because of the crappy weather. The man lead us right to the most expensive cabinets. I saw one glazed pale yellow door I like and it was one of the higher end ones. We walked around the displays and ran across another company's doors. I remember really liking them the last time I was there. The HP guy came over and said 'Oh these are builder quality cabinets and they may not be all wood.' I'm old enough to know when someone is trying to give me a snow job, so I just took the brochure and folded back the page with the cabinets I liked. I mean, so what if the middle part is not wood? It's not like I have a lot of people using the kitchen. We had to fork out $100 for someone to come and measure the entire kitchen. Then we can get down to brass tacks and pick out all the goodies. What's in question is how it's going to be financed. Probably a home equity loan. I think a redo will add a lot of value to our home, so it's a great investment.
~Update~ Looking through the brochure, we see where the cabinets are maple with the 'fawn glaze'.

This is what I like from the 'other company' I like the handles on the above.

1comments:

  • At 11:40 PM, Blogger Sandy said…

    New cabinets...how exciting. I love doing reno's. If only they didn't cost so much!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS