Friday, December 30, 2005

Shopping hounds

We've really been overdoing it. I guess it's fun to have someone to shop with and either Bri or Sean go out with me. Yesterday we dropped the Tracfone off to Brian's dad at his house. It was not a nice visit. I won't get into it too much, but Mr Grouch basically kicked us out. Brian just had to mention about his dad going to see his lovely only living sibling, a sister who happens to be in a nursing home near us. I said that if one of my brothers didn't visit me, I wouldn't like it. Well he told me to mind my own business, etc. He remarked that I said too much and asked us to leave. I was upset because I was trying to be encouraging and he took it the wrong way. It's going to be a long time before I go over there again. I have my mom to think about anyway. I remember some good advice from an old friend- I have my mom to take care of, and Brian has his dad to worry about.
I got to buy a few goodies in the mall over there and then I used a gift card from Barnes and Noble. I bought a calendar that gives you a stamped piece (embroidery) for each month. I like handwork anyway, so these will be a snap to stitch up. We went in Walmart and they had a lot of stuff left over but all I bought was the Jergens lotion mentioned in my previous post plus some chocolate covered cherries.
Today we went to a farmer's market. There is a store in there that has great items for me to sell on eBay. They were an excellent price. We sat on a stool at one of the little restaurants where I had a Philly cheesesteak (I had a salad for lunch) and Brian had a grilled tuna sandwich.
We headed to the mall so Brian could look at watches in Boscovs (he had seen some in another Boscovs yesterday) and they didn't have any. I bought some jewelry there. I went to Strawbridges and got two chenille sweaters for $20 (as seen on tv) and a 3 foot feather tree (I really wanted one for my cross stitched ornaments, so now I have two things I can use) and these feather wreaths that were $60 marked down to $15 (one for me and one for mom). I really need to stay out of the stores, but I just love a good bargain. Just like my mom and she's a packrat too!
We got invited to a wedding, my neighbor's grandson. We don't think we will attend as it's way over in Brick, NJ near the shore and the only people we know are the neighbors, their son, daughter-in-law and kids. The last time we went to a function they had,(their daughter graduated with Sean), the parents hardly said two words to us. I think it would be a lot of trouble for us to go and sit and twiddle our thumbs. We will send a nice gift. The son has been serving in Iraq for almost a year. Not sure if he is coming home to get married and is being shipped out again. If his mom was close to me, I'd know all that.

3comments:

  • At 10:19 AM, Blogger mainely stitching said…

    Dianne, I just want to wish you a wonderful New Year's Eve and all the best in 2006!

    I'm sorry Brian's dad is such a pill - like you said, he's Brian's dad and you've got your mom.

    Happy wishes!!

     
  • At 7:11 PM, Blogger Sandy said…

    I hope you have a Happy New Year Dianne. Best wishes and cheers!

     
  • At 4:13 PM, Blogger Diana LaMarre said…

    Wishing you the best in 2006. Hope things get smoothed over with Brian's Dad.

    Congrats on the great bargains! I love to find good deals like that, too.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS