Thursday, January 26, 2006

It must be a small world

I have been listing a few things on eBay in the last few weeks. I use to hang an assortment of flags and then the pole just would not stay in the house's stucco wall. I know, I was wondering why we didn't find wood to screw it into. So I decided to list the flags I had because they were in such good shape. I opened up my eBay summary this morning and there was a question from a flag bidder-did you go to Penncrest and graduate in 1977? I was flabbergasted, as I told this lady in my second note to her. I completely missed her name in the first message. I also added, what's the chance of someone (about 480 in our class) who doesn't live in PA anymore, bidding on your auction? Now this is going to sound weird, but I swear I was thinking of this lady not that long ago, less than a few weeks. You see, I have a tear out from a book/brochure that they give you when you visit one of the beach resorts and her husband is a photographer, so she and her three kids are in the ad! I have it in my yearbook along with a few wedding announcements from other people.
I can think about not seeing people who go to our church and they show up the next week. Is that ESP? ; )
~Update~My old high school classmate did not win the flag. I didn't hear back from her, but I hope if she reads this she'll leave a comment here or on eBay. Sorry you didn't win.

3comments:

  • At 9:05 PM, Blogger Sandy said…

    Things like that happen to me all the time! It is a small world. One time I was marlin fishing in Mexico. Way out in the middle of the ocean,no land to be seen or a boat for that matter. Awhile later a boat comes out of nowhere and passes closly to our boat. The guy waves and says"Hi Sandy". I know the guy! Go figure!

     
  • At 11:45 PM, Blogger Carol said…

    OK... how weird, and how cool, is that ebay story?? :-)

     
  • At 12:30 AM, Blogger Dianne said…

    Well, Sandy... how do you think we found each other's blogs...intuition? : )

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS