Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Thank goodness it's Tuesday

Monday was so weird. First, Brian calls up and tells me someone who graduated with Sean was just arrested for a series of odd things he did Thanksgiving weekend. (Working at a newspaper, Brian gets to see police reports). Not only did he break into vehicles and residences, he set fire to them! And he totaled his car. They found out who it was by his fingerprints left at the scene (apparently they took fingerprints after the accident). He was charged with 8 counts of various charges though was released on $25K bail. His parents are really nice people. We have known these people (not friends, but fellow sports parents, school helpers and fellow church goers!) for at least 13 years. I don't know what got into this kid's head, but we are in shock about it. Good luck to them! It was on the news and on a local news' website too.
I went shopping yesterday (Wally World) and got most of my shopping completed. I can't really think of anything else I need to buy for Brian and Sean, but I need to get some gift cards for my nephews. I haven't been to my favorite shopping haunts like TJ Maxx and Tuesday Morning. Money is tight as the oil bill was outrageous and we will be needing more in a few weeks. We did get a break with the nicer weather as we usually have oil delivered in October instead of the end of November.
Brian said something mean last night when I complained about getting overwhelmed-he said 'Christmas is just one day'. Now why would he say that when he makes various shopping trips the weeks before Christmas? He really needs a little Christmas spirit.
Speaking of spirit-I would love to go to Disney World at Christmastime thanks to a Food Network special with Raven Simone (remember Rudy from 'The Cosby show'?) The decorations, food and entertainment look spectacular!
Sean will be finished finals tomorrow. I am hoping he'll remember my chicken salad hoagie for lunch today. He owes me as he didn't answer the door yesterday when the mail lady had a 22 pd package and now it has to be redelivered. My brother in Florida sent everyone in the families gifts here. I don't know why he did this as I live the farthest away from everyone. Mom's in more of a central location for us. I planned to go to mom's to help her with her tree (she is having an awful time assembling it) and now I have to wait for someone to be here for the package, though I noted on the receipt to just leave it on the front step. I don't want anyone stealing a big package.
Hope everything is running smoothly for you. Back to cleaning!

2comments:

  • At 3:46 PM, Blogger Diana LaMarre said…

    I did not know that was Rudy! I tuned in after it started and I kept thinking that she looked familiar.

     
  • At 11:25 PM, Blogger Dianne said…

    Opps-actually Raven played the younger girl Olivia. Sorry for the mix-up. It's been a while since the Cosby show was on.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS