Sunday, October 30, 2005

Sibling bonding

My brother Don in Florida is surviving without electricity. He has running water, but every night he uses the flashlight to read. He is cooking on the grill (even spaghetti!) This has been going on for almost a week. Mom asked me to order him a battery-operated lamp yesterday. After a little searching, I found a $36 one for $19 at Walmart.com. So I ordered it and 2 packages of batteries for him. Hopefully he'll be able to see more at night in a few days time.
It took Don 4 hours to get gas yesterday. Most of the gas stations have conveniently taken down the price signs. Isn't that nice of them?
Don called on a phone he bought at a store where he had to tell them what he wanted and then they went in and got the stuff for you. I guess it's a battery-operated phone. So he called when we were unloading groceries and I called him back. We talked for over an hour. I had to fill him in on Survivor and The Apprentice. We talked about the silly antics of our pets. We talked about our mom. I haven't seen Don in over 3 yrs since Sean, mom and I went down to visit him. He said he may not have power until Thanksgiving! I don't know how all the senior citizens down there will cope. I hope our government officials get cracking.

0comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS