Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Audio pleasures and difficulties

I pulled out the turntable tonight to listen to a record (remember those?) that Brian bought at a booksale and wants to sell. Talk about bringing back memories of my younger days! We both still have large collections-I'd say at least 300 total. A lot of them are in plastic tubs in the basement. The record sounded good, so I popped on another that I had bought and hadn't listened to. It was a 99¢ one I bought in Doylestown at a record store a few years ago. I'm pretty sure all the Taylor siblings have recordings and this was of James' late brother Alex. I can surely hear JT in his brother's voice, the twangy country part that slips out of him once in a while. I feel bad because his brother passed on a few years back and it was a self-induced passing.
I then popped in a cassette and one of the first JT songs was about 'Alice', but it was really about 'Alex' (well being a big fan, I knew this). Funny that I listened to Alex's lp and then happened to listen to 'Hourglass' that contained that song. I really enjoyed the music for over an hour.
My head has been terrible stopped up, well at least I thought it was. When the weather is chilly and then warms up, I'm in trouble most of the time. My ears were bothering me too, so I put some drops in them-to 'soften up' whatever is in there. Now tonight, I am hearing an echo which is strange. I tried to get all the wax medicine out with water. I hope it corrects itself without me having to go to the doctor. I may have cute little shell-shaped ears (that's from my mom), but they have been troublesome off and on.

Today I decided since it was so nice I'd take a little drive to a local thrift shop. I was disappointed by the high prices and only bought one thing-a pink pressed glass bowl with a lid. When I got home I tackled 8 narcissus bulbs in a little side garden. Thank goodness the ground was soft. I then put some more garden things away. There is so much room in the shed now. Brian should have cleaned it out years ago.
The guys got homemade turkey meatballs and spaghetti for dinner.
Technorati Tags:
,
,

2comments:

  • At 2:48 PM, Blogger Jenn said…

    They might not pick up the rug, but they cook. Blessings to count!

     
  • At 1:25 PM, Blogger Dianne said…

    On no they don't cook-hardly.
    I'm the one who 'got' the dinner that night.
    It would be wonderful if one of them would take up cooking!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS