Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Stitching Blogger questions

From last week:
Have you ever stitched something as a gift and later realized that receiver doesn't respect your stitched gift a bit (for example it's never on show, or you have other reason to suspect that it may even be nonexistent or at least placed in some dark storage room corner)? If so, what have you done? If you've been lucky enough to avoid such people what would you do if it'd happen to you?
This happened to some pieces I made for my niece for her second birthday. I made a little
Dragon Dreams castle and a little Joan Walsh Anglund Princess. They weren't huge and I framed them in 5"x7" frames. I have to say that my brother was doing a lot of home improvement and just got around to hanging up the pictures this year. My niece had forgotten that I had even stitched them.
If you have stitched for a while, can you usually pick out the DMC colors you need from memory when you go to your LNS? (For example, you know that 610 is a brown.)
This was my idea for a question. It's so true that I was wondering if other stitchers dreamed in floss colors like I do. If I am working on a piece and running low on a color, I tuck that number in to my brain and pick up a skein on my next shopping trip.

2comments:

  • At 10:53 AM, Blogger mainely stitching said…

    A piece I gave to friends on the birth of the daughter ... they tore it out of the antique frame I'd used and used the frame to hold a picture of a family member. Argh!! I still can't believe it!

    I don't know the color numbers by heart but I have had some interesting dreams about how life would be different if we communicated in colors and shapes instead of words.

     
  • At 11:57 AM, Blogger Dianne said…

    That was awful about the birth sampler and frame, especially since you obviously visit them and noticed it!
    It took 4 yrs to see the little designs I made hanging up in Tori's room. And they are perfect in there as she loves princesses and girlie things. It's like I knew!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS