Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Sparkling Autumn Day

I should be outside basking in the sunshine and cool breeze but I am trying to tidy up in here and take care of this ear issue. The left ear feels clogged and is still echoing a little.
So I got up and did what my mom-mom use to do for earaches-I heated a little Vicks vapor rub on a spoon and dipped a bit of a cottonball in it. I had it in my ear for a while until I took a shower. I also took a Sudafed and blew a little warm air into my ear. I just hate going to the doctor if I can take care of something by myself. Crossing fingers.
As for the cleaning-when I am over my brother's house, I feel like my house is the 'before' picture and theirs is the 'after' picture. There isn't a thing out of place. Even Ken leans over to pick up little pieces of paper off the rug. He never did that at mom's house!
So, I mainly worry about how clean the rugs and floors are. Then the table tops. I have a great vacuum and my 13 yr old rug in the family room looks pretty decent for it's age. Brian and Sean won't pick up little pieces of paper like Ken does. I think that's why his house looks so immaculate-he takes an interest it. He'll clean up after dinner-gasp-wipes down the counters even!
I did one of my Love Quilts squares last night while my ear slowly got worse. I haven't cross stitched for a few days. This particular design has a few shades of white/ecru, so it's not fun doing the fur of the bear.
I am pretty sure I have my design picked out for the Neighborhood Round Robin. I need a border too, so I'll be looking for that. I am leaning toward a seaside town with Victorians, similar to Cape May, NJ-one of my favorite spots. I will probably do a Victorian that I have. That is also my dream house. I would love to live down in Cape May. Dreams occasionally come true, right?
Technorati Tags:
,
,

0comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS