Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Cider press time

Not only is it time to make cider, it's also time for my mammogram slam. Yep, you can compare the two as a press is used in both incidences. I've been having them done for a number of years, usually with a uteran ultrasound which required me to drink 32 oz of water and drive myself over to the office. It wasn't a nice drive at all. Sometimes, I'd cheat and go to the bathroom a little and just drink more water. I always got the ultrasound done without the tech really saying anything except that my bladder wasn't all the way 'filled'. So, at the gyn, the midwife decided I didn't need the ultrasound this year. Crossing fingers for this other 'event' to pass smoothly.
Next will be Sean and my eye exams at the beginning of November. This scares me too as my mom has both cataracts and glaucoma, as did her mom. My eyes are the same color as my grandmom's, down to the speckles-hope that doesn't mean anything else.
Not much is new. I found that Tuesday is a good day to go to the grocery store as there was hardly anyone there. Sean needs to write down all his food intake for a week. He didn't even eat all his dinner. I just had a stir fry prepared sweet and sour shrimp dish. He left most of the snow peas (he just doesn't like peas of any form).
I have been to a few book sales now and I have a good pile of books for resale. I also need to clean up my selling table and donate things that never sold. I got a cute book of bazaar items to make and I may make a few of the things I saw in it as gifts.
Off to shower-I can't have any deodorant residue on me as it messes up the films.
~Update-It really wasn't that terrible this year and only hurt a little. I think I have been gardening more this year thus developing that area. I hope I won't be eating my words tomorrow as I seem to skip a day in the pain area.

1comments:

  • At 4:08 AM, Blogger mainely stitching said…

    My mom has had several mammograms - I haven't had one yet and am not looking forward to it. Ouch. Does it seem to you like the tests they do on women are unnecessarily harsh? I'm off to the GYN next week for the latest installment in my ongoing saga. (groan)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS