Saturday, August 27, 2005

What I like about vacations...


This one in particular was a bit different as we had Sean as the main driver and he was driving his car. That gave Brian a tremendous break. Brian tends to be uptight on the road. I definitely felt a bit more relaxed in my cocoon in the backseat. I loved seeing Sean frolic in the ocean on his boogie board. He isn't really a swimmer, but he had a grand time catching the waves. I love the familiarity of a place. We stayed in the same hotel we stayed in 5 years ago and forgot how convenient it was to the beach and boardwalk. We ate at the Marina Deck right next to the bay and watched boats come in.
Sean wanted to go to a pre-21 club his friends had gone to. He had to walk a few blocks to the place and the cover charge was only half price until 8:30 pm. He did go and we were watching out the window worrying about him being out until 11 in a strange town. He said he was 'holding up the walls' but he talked to a girl from the Pittsburgh area too.
I love the outlet shopping in the Ocean City and Rehoboth Beach area. We go to the outlets in Lancaster a few times a year, but the ones down at the beach seemed to have a ton of things to chose from. The Bass and Old Navy stores had the best buys.
Most of all, seeing something different is what keeps me going for a long time. I get tired of the same old thing and a trip, even a short trip does me the world of good.

0comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS