Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Cleaning my tail off

I haven't posted for two days? Don't faint now. I was down at my mom's again yesterday trying to help her out again. I was doing the kitchen. I can't get into how bad it was or I'll get myself in a stew again. I spent 2 hours cleaning a small portion of it and wore myself out because it was warm in there and there was too much that needed cleaning. Mom vegetated on the sofa and didn't have the air up all the way. I wanted to take her out in the car, but she said she's too weak. I brought her down some breakfast, which she hardly touched and a hoagie. I did manage to get her to drink almost half a jug of green tea. I told her she is never going to feel stronger if she doesn't eat.
Sean had dropped me off on his way to his math tutoring. He had to go a little longer to hopefully get into a higher level. So he'll go up two levels! As a treat, we went to Ruby's Diner. It's looks like the 50s diners and we had burgers. I treated myself to a couple of books at Borders. My garden chums will appreciate this-I got a lovely big book called 'Encyclopedia of Herbs' the definitive guide to the identification, cultivation and used of herbs with over 1,000 herbs and 1,500 photographs-only $9.99. The garden lay-outs are beautiful. Lots of flowers are actually herbs. Well that makes sense doesn't it? I purchased a wonderful magazine that Miracle-Gro put out called 'Container Gardening' (Zoey!). I was really enjoying it at 2 am when I couldn't sleep. Some of the combos of plants are fantastic. I saw a 'planter' made out of various flowerpots that I want to make for mom and me. I actually saw those bowl shaped clay pots marked down at Value City a few weeks ago. I sure hope they still have them.
Speaking of making things, I bought some makings of a Christmas 'alphabet block' tree last year. I need a base for them. I had made one years ago and they are so adorable, I'd thought I'd make and sell a couple of them on eBay. I really love to make things and miss using that part of my brain when it's been a while since I've gotten 'down to brass tacks' with my craft things.
It's smoldering here again. I just love seeing the plants wilting everyday. I am wilting too. My sinuses are killing me. It's a mixture of something outside, the air running all the time and cleaning at mom's. Time for a cross stitching break!

2comments:

  • At 2:45 PM, Blogger Diana LaMarre said…

    I will have to look for that magazine. I love seeing the combinations other people come up with.

    I think it is wonderful how well you are caring for your mom.

     
  • At 2:16 PM, Blogger Dianne said…

    I plan to take the Miracle Gro magazine with me when I shop for plants next year. It's a must have!

    Thanks!
    I do what I can for my mom. I have 3 brothers and one lives in Florida. One lives around the corner which is a blessing, but he only cuts the grass. The other is in NJ and he doesn't do anything. Being an only daughter isn't easy.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS