Friday, July 29, 2005

Free landscaping business...

....only if you have shingles! Man, I am way pooped today from doing stuff around my mom's house. I went into her house with really good take out from the Concordville Inn (they just opened a 'to go' service). I got her shrimp salad and me chicken salad. I walked in to find her in a fairly warm and smelly living room with her eyes almost rolled back! No joke! It scared the sh#@ out of me. Her 'baby boy' dog had perfumed himself in some other doggie's release. Darn him. Mom 'came to' and I told her about her lunch which she wasn't hungry for yet. She looks like sh#@ too. She's lost weight again and had raccoon circles around her eyes. Her lesions from the shingles are drying up. Yeck, what a wicked thing. Anyway, no way did I have an appetite, so I ate half my lunch and debated to clean inside or do stuff outside. I did the same thing I would do here, I went outside! It was too nice not to. I got the weed whacker out and went to town in the shady part of the yard first. My 'trigger' finger can't hardly bend today from weed whacking. I moved hanging plants and statuary around. I cleaned up trash and things around her yard. I knocked down weeds. I did good. Mom came out later and said 'what about those weeds over near the shed' (Brian does this to me also). I said some other time. I even had Sean drive me up to a store to get more cord for her weed whacker. And I did grocery shopping inbetween the yardwork. Mom said 'I hate to remind you, but I need some groceries'. So I took her Sable up to the Acme (Thursday is a good day to go) and got what she wanted (she requested pumpkin pie too!)
My brother and his kids were there when Sean and I got back from getting the cording. We hardly recognized Kenny as he's getting so tall. My brother cuts the grass for mom every week. The kids love Sean and were following him around. Sean showed Ken the bumper and Ken thinks he needs a new one. We can't seem to get the State Police to give us the address of the lady who ran into Sean. (Brian is probably going to stop at the barracks today to see if 'face to face' will make a difference.) Ken and the family are going to Ocean City, MD this week coming up. That reminds me, I need to make arrangements for our OC trip next month.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BTW, I didn't go to the doctor today. I figured out what my problem was from past experience.
Today I am going to the hair salon. I need to go and get 'spruced up'.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My pond's pump in a pita this week. It fell over now about 4 times and leaked all the water out of the pond. Some of that stringy algae got in the motor and it wouldn't work. I got it taped up and fixed (I have to tape the fountain head on to the newer pump), so I hope it won't fall over again. It makes the new resident 'Kermit' upset!

0comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS