Sunday, July 31, 2005

Art cards are all the fad on eBay

I was on tribe yesterday and on the 'eBay freaks' tribe specifically. A tribe member was telling us about the art cards that are selling like hotcakes there. They are mostly original art of any kind and are about 2.5" x 3.5" like a baseball card. I was really intrigued by them and bid and won a few featuring old fashioned children as the focal design. Really neat. I think I will start a new collection to inspire me to make and sell these. The guy on tribe says he sells ALL originals and makes about $600 a month. Now that isn't bad. Maybe I should dust off my sketch book (I use to draw all the time). Maybe these little cards will be in my inspiration.
~~~~~~~~
Brian cleaned out the totally filthy shed today. I dropped hints all morning and he finally went out and was complaining about doing it. We even unloaded a 17 yr old window air conditioner in the same manner as we disposed of the old computer desk. We put a 'FREE' and works sign on it. Hope it isn't blowing too much stinky mouse piddle air in their house. But it was free! ; )
I spray painted my wrought iron patio set's chairs today. I asked Brian to please save the space he made from removing the a/c so I could put them in there this year. It's not hard to paint them, but I don't want to paint them every two years because of them being left in the elements. It totally looks better in the shed, but all the mess is in the front of it waiting for big trash pick up day which happens to be this week coming up! What do we do with all these pieces of wood? He said we can't use them in yard projects because they aren't treated? I tend to disagree. Can't you prime and paint them? I'll have to check the books I have here.
I also had a good cry from all the mess of this last week. When the screen door (it's heavy with metal decorations in it) hit me in my arm, well that was the stick that broke the camels back. I think it helped.
BTW, get an 'instant dark tan' with black spray paint! My feet are tanned that way-geez.

0comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS