Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Not a fun day

I don't know what I ate or if I was just overtired, but my stomach was churning and gurgling all day. I tried Rolaids, 2 acidolphilus and finally mint tea until it calmed down 'just enough'. The rest of me was pretty good until I went to the dentist.
I should never think 'I only have 2 more payments' until my dental loan is paid off. Damn it-I have to get another crown and that's another 9 months or so of payments. I told my dentist about the above and he took a lot photos of the chipped tooth showing that the tooth was structurely defective, thus I needed a crown that cost an arm and a leg.
If you ever had one or need one, the whole pre-crown process is nasty. Especially the stuff you have to bite into so the dentist can make a mold of your tooth. The second gook is purple and he put too much in and it shot to the back of my mouth and I had to suffer with it like that for about 1o minutes. I have a temp cap right now. All the others have come out (I have 3 others) before I got the permanent one in. Now they have a cement inside them that you can run under warm water to 'reactivate' it. Cool-in a pain in the butt way.
We had a bad thunderstorm go through around 3 pm. It was also Sean's first day of his summer session. He said it was ok, but his head hurt after 4 hours. He was able to go to the mall afterwards though. He can also use the exercise room there. He left here at 9:15 am and didn't get home until 4:30 pm. I was worried about him driving in the storm, but he did fine.

1comments:

  • At 9:50 PM, Blogger Diana LaMarre said…

    ohhhhh, that stuff you bite into is awful. I have had a few crowns (one with a root canal). Hope I don't need any more any time soon. Did you know that you can get a cavity under a crown? I did and had to have the crown taken off and another one put on. The crown was about 20 years old, but still, paying twice for one tooth is a real pain! Good luck, it is not fun visiting the dentist.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Base layout by Firdamatic
Graphics by Dianne
Powered by Blogger
Valid XHTML and CSS